[Seaside] [OT] qooxdoo JavaScript UI

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Wed Aug 6 14:51:23 UTC 2008

>>>>> "Jimmie" == Jimmie Houchin <j.squeak at cyberhaus.us> writes:

Jimmie> I believe he is meaning that SeasideXUL is not cross-browser but
Jimmie> qooxdoo is. I don't think he is wanting to do away with the browser
Jimmie> but rather requiring a specific browser. A SeasideXUL app would not
Jimmie> run in IE, Safari, Opera, etc.

Can someone familiar with qooxdoo and YUI tell me why I should prefer qooxdoo
to YUI?  I took a look at the qooxdoo demo pages, and the controls are ugly
and unituitive, where the YUI controls and widgets are guaranteed to be
supported on *all* platforms and have a *lot* of paid full-time engineers
(*and* graphic artists) developing them for Yahoo properties.