[Seaside] [OT] qooxdoo JavaScript UI

Ramon Leon ramon.leon at allresnet.com
Wed Aug 6 14:55:18 UTC 2008

> I believe he is meaning that SeasideXUL is not cross-browser
> but qooxdoo
> is. I don't think he is wanting to do away with the browser
> but rather
> requiring a specific browser. A SeasideXUL app would not run in IE,
> Safari, Opera, etc.
>
> HTH
>
> Jimmie

Which misses the point that XUL shouldn't be thought of as something that
runs in a browser, it's a stand alone cross platform component framework.
Saying XUL won't run in IE is like saying Cocoa or GTK won't run in IE or
Opera.  Safari doesn't run Cocoa either, it's written in Cocoa.  Firefox
doesn't run XUL, it's written in XUL, the underlying framework is just
easily exposed through Firefox as a launching mechanism.

Ramon Leon
http://onsmalltalk.com