[Seaside] Re: WAUrlEncoder

Squeaker squeakman at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 16:04:44 UTC 2008

Philippe Marschall wrote:
> 2008/8/7 Squeaker <squeakman at gmail.com>:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> I notice that WAUrlEncoder does not encode $. as %2E.  WAUrlEncoder
>> specifically does not encode $.
>>
>> It is an easy fix but I am wondering if this is an error or was this done by
>> design?
>
> Done by design $. "url safe".
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

Some background to my problem:  I am trying to use PayPal and PayPal
wants a url encoded string.  They give an example that shows the url
encoding.

Unencoded String:   R. H. Moore & Associates

Encoded String  :   R%2E+H%2E+Moore+%26+Associates

You can see that they expect the $. to be encoded as %2E

I can easily work around the problem but I am just wondering what is the
correct interpretation.  To my way of thinking encoding $. to %2E is url
safe, there is no way to misinterpret it.

Is PayPal right or wrong in how they expect an encoded url?

Thanks,
Frank