[Seaside] Printing?

Bill Schwab BSchwab at anest.ufl.edu
Fri Aug 8 14:55:46 UTC 2008

I have a potential application for Seaside, but in our electronic world,
they want to print.  Sending a programmatically generated pdf document
back to the browser should suffice - I think.  My first thought is to do
that via LaTeX; generate the source and then (perhaps on Linux) pipe it
into tex2pdf or whatever it's called, and then route that back to the
browser through Seaside and OS Process.

Am I dreaming?  Is there a better way?

BTW, printing the browser output will very likely NOT do the job.  There
will be much hand wringing over notations such as pg n of N, headers
appearing on each page, etc.  It is a medical application, and one has
to be very careful about "lost" pages getting into the wrong patient's
chart.  You would probably not what your sister getting your dad's
medications, right.

Bill

Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.
University of Florida