[Seaside] Printing?

Krishna v.krishnakumar at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 08:49:54 UTC 2008

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 11:45 PM, Richard E. Flower <rickf at ca-flower.com> wrote:
> Thanks David -- I didn't know that.. I was hoping it could spit out a PDF
> report possibly.. (yes, I've not looked
> into it very deeply obviously!)..
>
> -- Rick
>
> On Aug 8, 2008, at 10:58 AM, David Buck wrote:
>
>> For generating a document on the server and transferring it to the client
>> running a web browser, PDF format would be better than Simberon Reports.
>>  The latter draws the reports onto bitmaps and expects to be able to send
>> them directly to the printer.
>>
>> David Buck
>>
>> Richard E. Flower wrote:
>>>
>>> What about Simberon Reports?  There's a VW version but I'm not
>>> sure if a Squeak version exists or not..  I've never used it but am
>>> planning
>>> on playing with it later this year..
>>>
>>> -- Rick

I've used groff (and tbl) for generating PDFs via Postscript. The
pipeline is fast and the resulting PDF can be served inline. If you
decided to take this route then also checkout the Heirloom document
tools project (http://heirloom.sourceforge.net/doctools.html) for
their's seem to be more "modern".

Cheers,
-Krishna

--
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
build bigger and better idiot- proof programs, and the Universe trying