[Seaside] Seaside + SVG (beginner)

Herve Darce squeak at moncase.fr
Wed Aug 27 01:21:48 UTC 2008

I would like to use SVG in Seaside. I'm testing packages
SeasideDynamicSVG-Core, SeasideDynamicSVG-Examples, SeasideDynamicSVG-Test.

I built a subclass MySubClass of SVGXClockApplication (package
SeasideDynamicSVG-Examples) and add a simple method:

MySubClass class>> canBeRoot
^ True

I embed  this  as a component  into a web page of Pier. A bug appears
with the method WARenderCanvas>> svg. This method requires a method
userAgentAdaptor that does not exist into WARenderinrContext. The method
userAgentAdaptor is only  into SVGAwareRenderingContext (subclass of

WARenderCanvas>> svg
    " Allows drawing inlined SVG "
    | brush svg |
    self  context *userAgentAdaptor* renderPreambleForInlinedSVGOn: self .
    brush := SVGRootTag new.
    self brush: brush.
    svg := self svgRendererClass
        context: self context
        callbacks: self callbacks.
    brush svgCanvas: svg.
    svg svgTagsNeedNamespace: false.
    self context containsInlinedSVG: true.
    ^ brush

Is it a bug into package SeasideDynamicSVG-Examples? How to fix this

I use *VM*
http://distfiles.gentoo.org/distfiles/Squeak-3.10-1.src.tar.gz and
*images* https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/5550/sq3.
10.2-7179web08.08.1.zip and