[Seaside] Seaside 2.8a1-lr.518 - VW7.6 27 - weird thing happening

Claus Kick claus_kick at web.de
Sat Aug 30 16:31:37 UTC 2008

Hello everyone,

I am experimenting with Seaside 2.8 on VisualWorks 7.6.
After implementing some components, I figured I should get more
accustomed with VisualWorks itself first, so I wrote a few classes
(nothing in the Seaside class hierarchy).
Now this is mostly done, so I wanted to go back to working on the
Seaside project.

But strangely enough, my app does not work anymore. Ok, perhaps I made a
mistake with it, so I tried to have a look at its configuration.

Turns out I receive this stack trace when I click on "edit" for that app :

Possible Causes

     * you sent a message this type of object doesn't understand

Stack Trace

    1.

       thisContext
           Seaside.WAValueHolder(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
       self
           a Seaside.WAValueHolder contents: a Seaside.WAAnswerHandler
       aMessage
           a Message with selector: #restore: and arguments: #(a
Seaside.WAValueHolder contents: a Seaside.WAAnswerHandler)...etc...
       excpt
           a MessageNotUnderstood
       resumeValue
           nil

    2.

       thisContext
           Seaside.WAValueHolder(Object)>>restoreFrom:
       self
           a Seaside.WAValueHolder contents: a Seaside.WAAnswerHandler
       aMemento
           a Seaside.WAValueHolder contents: a Seaside.WAAnswerHandler

    3.

       thisContext
           Seaside.WAValueHolder(Object)>>restoreFromSnapshot:
       self
           a Seaside.WAValueHolder contents: a Seaside.WAAnswerHandler
       anObject
           a Seaside.WAValueHolder contents: a Seaside.WAAnswerHandler

    4.

       thisContext
           optimized [] in Seaside.WASnapshot>>restore
       self
           BlockClosure [] in Seaside.WASnapshot>>restore
       key
           a Seaside.WAValueHolder contents: a Seaside.WAAnswerHandler
       value
           a Seaside.WAValueHolder contents: a Seaside.WAAnswerHandler

    5.

       thisContext
           Seaside.WASnapshot(IdentityDictionary)>>keysAndValuesDo:
       self
           Seaside.WASnapshot (a Seaside.WAValueHolder contents: a
Seaside.WAAnswerHandler->a Seaside.WAValueHolder contents: a
Seaside.WAAnswerHandler a Seaside.WAValueHolder contents: a
Seaside.WAWalkback->a Seaside.WAValueHolder contents: a
Seaside.WAWalkback )...etc...
       aBlock
           BlockClosure [] in Seaside.WASnapshot>>restore
           2
       key
           a Seaside.WAValueHolder contents: a Seaside.WAAnswerHandler

Restarting Seaside did not help.
Trying to remove the Application Configuration also returns a walkback,
as does trying to access the tests or the examples.

What can I do now?

Cheers - Claus