[Seaside] onMouseOver: and SUStream problem

nigol at nigol.cz nigol at nigol.cz
Tue Dec 9 07:52:02 UTC 2008

Hi there,
 I'm trying to insert some custom JS code into onMouseOver: of span, but I
have some troubles with it. My code actually looks like:

html span class: 'hotspot';
		onMouseOver: (SUStream on: 'tooltip.show(''<strong>Hello</strong>'');');
		onMouseOut: (SUStream on: 'tooltip.hide();');
		with: [html text: 'Hi']

 The result in generated HTML is like this:

onmouseover="tooltip.show('&lt;strong&gt;Hello&lt;/strong&gt;');"
onmouseout="tooltip.hide();">

 and this is the problem - both < and > characters are encoded, thus
"strong" does not act as tag and is ignored by a browser. Is there any
solution?

Thanks
Martin