[Seaside] Seaside and HTML templates

James Robertson jrobertson at cincom.com
Wed Dec 10 15:42:53 UTC 2008

Well, to be fair - that answer isn't really going to make the person
asking it happy.  You can do something like this fairly easily:

-- have your designer produce an HTML template with appropriate CSS
-- take the template and create Seaside code that produces it

My blog is not implemented in Seaside (I started building it in 2002,
well before I was really aware of Seaside), but I took a similar tack
there.  I have CSS, and a template that was produced by the designer
in conjunction with the CSS.  Some of the HTML is produced in the
server, and some resides in the template - but it all follows the
guidelines I was given in the first place.

With Seaside, you just eliminate the template and produce <all> the
html from the server - and have it line up appropriately with the CSS.

James Robertson
Cincom Smalltalk Product Evangelist
http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/blog/blogView
Talk Small and Carry a Big Class Library