[Seaside] Seaside and HTML templates

Davorin Rusevljan davorin.rusevljan at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 18:28:10 UTC 2008

On 12/10/08, Boris Popov <boris at deepcovelabs.com> wrote:
> In reality, designer is the one who needs to come up with structured html that developer will then reproduce in seaside. Here we typically start with photoshop mockups that go through a number of iterations before we settle on a decent starting point; this then gets produced in html with css and related resources. We load the latter two and toss the html samples as soon as our components render to match.

Yes, but if designer later on wants to change something in html, he
can not do it by himself, and has to work through you, which is a way
less convinient than editing a template by himself.

But it seems that this is the price that needs to be payed if we want
to get rid of manualy creating links, populating hidden fileds and
other "fun" stuf one usually needs to do in web programming.

Davorin