[Seaside] WARegistry performance

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 20:07:24 UTC 2008

> "Is the creation of dozens of new session a realistic benchmark for a
> typical Seaside application? Do you have a practical use-case where this
> actually matters?"
>
> The answer is no, for a typical Seaside application. We are building a
> drupal-based site which has embedded frames with Seaside applications. So
> every page view creates a new session in some applications.

Why don't you remember the session then?

The easiest way to achieve this would be by using session cookies. Or
you could use the Drupal session to identify the associate Seaside
session. I've done things like this to integrate Seaside with Typo-3
and Plone.

I think there is something wrong the way you use Seaside, if you
create and store a new session with every request.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli