[Seaside] Starting out

Sebastian Sastre ssastre at seaswork.com
Wed Dec 17 20:33:28 UTC 2008

OK Michael but please understand the fact this community has to prioritize its
limited resources.
Seaside is a fundation to do lots of things. Widgets are just the "skin of the
orange".
I don't want core developer team members to worry about widgets. I want them on
scalability, architecture, robustness, security, etc.
Investing on widgets should not be for Seaside itself but for pieces of software
build on top of it. You are free to make your own widgets.
Every web app has its goals in terms of usability and fortunately for users
(which are real persons) information can usually be presented to them in ways
which has more meaning than tables when some criterious design is applied.
Regardeless of the technology of your choice, if you don't know much about html,
javascript, css, ajax, etc. and don't want to spend *a lot* of time with those,
think again about messing with web apps at all.
Cheers,
Sebastian