[Seaside] Re: [ANN] SWFObject for Seaside

Udo Schneider Udo.Schneider at homeaddress.de
Sun Dec 28 14:32:44 UTC 2008

Lukas Renggli schrieb:
> Very impressive. Looks like you provide almost all functionality of
> OpenFlashChart?
Thanks you very much. Indeed one of my goals was to cover all the stuff.
As far as I'm aware of the current version does support all the
functionality. It's just that not all config options are shown and some
options might be nonfunctional - either because the chart type ignores
them or because this specific chart expects the information with another id.

However it might be that I missed a few things - this could be due to
the fact that the "official" (read documented) interface is in PHP. So I
had to take a look at the generated JSON (BTW: FireBug 1.4 has excellent
JSON Support for HTTP responses!!) to do some kind of
reverse-engineering to know how the Seaside result should look like. The
fact that the same property (i.e. the fill color of a value) is encoded
differently for different chart types doesn't help either.

Once the code is (kind of) clean I'll put a new package on SqueakSource.

Happy Charting!!

CU,

Udo