[Seaside] SUEvaluator behavior in VW and Squeak

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 20:11:07 UTC 2008

> -VisualWorks 7.6: I loaded Seaside 2.8 from the parcel in the "Suggested"
> list of the Parcel manager (Seaside(2.8a1-pmm.573 13,jkott) and
> Seaside-Scriptaculous(lr.220 10,mlucassmith))
> -Squeak: Seaside2.8a1-lr.578 and Scriptaculous-lr.243
>
> Any hint?

The version of Seaside and Scriptaculous you are using in VisualWorks
is more than a year old. Scriptaculous-lr.220 includes some old beta
versions of the underlying JavaScript libraries. Furthermore Seaside
2.8.1 and 2.8.2 fixed several bugs related to SUElement>>#replace:.
That's probably why it is working in Squeak.

I suggest that you update to the latest version.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli