[Seaside] defaultAction not working?

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 18:37:20 UTC 2008

2008/2/1, Esteban Lorenzano <estebanlm at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
> I'm using Seaside 2.8 and Scriptaculous latests packages (tbn.539 and
> lr.238 respectively) on a Squeak-dev from dammien cassou, based on 3.10
> version.
> Some component does this:
>
>         html form
>                 defaultAction: [ self notifyChanges ] ;
>                 with: [
>                         html select
>                                 labels: [ : each | each name ] ;
>                                 list: aPlayer allStars ;
>                                 beSubmitOnChange ;
>                                 on: #currentStar of: self ]
>
> When I run the code, everything works: list is render and form is
> triggered when I change some selection, but defaultAction is never
> called (tested on Safari and Firefox browsers).
>
> I'm missing something?

The comment of #defaultAction: says

"The default action gets evaluated whenever the user presses submits
the form by pressing enter without having the focus on a specific
submit-button."

Just to make sure, you submit the form by pressing enter without
having the focus on a specific submit-button?

Cheers
Philippe