[Seaside] Does anybody is working with RSRSS package?

Stefan Wehrmeyer stefan.wehrmeyer at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Sun Feb 3 20:37:44 UTC 2008

I got it too work for my Software Engineering Project "ShoreBlog".
Here is how it's done:
Be sure to have the latest RSRSS2-Package.
Additionally the following changes to the Demo-Classes must be done:
In RSRSS2-Demo on the class site RRDemo and RRChangesDemo must have
isFeed
	^true
This is because they inherit from RRComponent and are expected for the
configuration of the entry point to be able to understand isFeed.

Unfortunately we are not done yet! The RSRSS2-Feed does not support
decorations and therefore in RRComponent addDecoration says self
shouldNotImplement. The problem is that Seaside still asks the inherited
component for its decorations. We should answer that we have none by adding:
decoration
	^ (WAValueHolder with: self) contents.
to our RSS-Component.
And from there it should work.