[Seaside] session variable vs. dynamic variable

itsme213 itsme213 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 8 04:58:55 UTC 2008

I am using a session variable for my sub-component callbacks to gain access
to a root component (to trigger an ajax redraw). As Lukas had cautioned,
this couples my components to a session subclass and makes it harder to
reuse my components.

Two questions:

1. If WASession had an extensible dictionary of variables would it help?
What is the downside of doing that?

2. If I decide to use a WADynamicVariable instead, when should I bind it?
Within my root #renderContentOn? And will subcomponent callbacks see that
binding?

WADynamicVariable subclass: CurrentRoot ...

MyRoot>>renderContentOn: html
    CurrentRoot use: self during: [
        render self and children
    ]