[Seaside] Re: Ajax callback question: how to update component treebefore #children gets called?

itsme213 itsme213 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 8 07:14:18 UTC 2008

"Lukas Renggli" <renggli at gmail.com> wrote in message
> I don't quite understand why you need to update the children before
> the callbacks are processed? Maybe you can provide a running example?

I have a tab panel (not SUTabPanel) with closable tabs.

Its #children just returns the component in its currently #selected tab.

When the #selected tab is closed, I want the following to happen:
  1. remove #selected tab and its component from the component tree
  2. change #selected to the next available tab (if any)
     Note: #children will changed after 2.
  3. Re-render the tab panel downwards

I think this requires doing 1, then #children, then 3.

Am I approaching this wrong?

Thanks!

Sophie