[Seaside] Swazoo as reverse proxy?

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Fri Feb 8 13:20:01 UTC 2008

Hello Web Smalltalkers,

I'm thinking for a while to add a reverse proxy support to Swazoo so
that we won't need Apache anymore, at least for all but the very large
websites. And such "all but" sites are probably 99%, and that means that
Swazoo is able to serve those 99% of our sites, but you could safely
switch to Apache later when needed.

Another advantage is that you are running everything in Smalltalk and
have therefore a control down to the last bit sent to the TCP socket.
Not to mention that you don't need to learn some other setup like
Apache, which is not the easiest thing to learn.

Reverse proxying will also allow load balancing of many images behind
the Swazoo, or run many different sites, each on its own image, etc.

So, what do you think? Is it a good idea, do you see any obstacles?

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek