[Seaside] Qooxdoo

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Fri Feb 8 21:29:01 UTC 2008

>>>>> "Sebastian" == Sebastian Sastre <ssastre at seaswork.com> writes:

Sebastian> Hi there,
Sebastian> 	I wonder I one of you has seen this:

Sebastian> http://qooxdoo.org/

Sebastian> 	It claims not to be using AJAX.

In what way... from /about:

  qooxdoo (pronounced [’ku:ksdu:]) is a comprehensive and innovative Ajax application framework.

How is that claiming "not to be using AJAX"?

And later under the big AJAX heading:

    While being a client-side and server-agnostic solution, the qooxdoo project
    does include complete implementations of RPC servers (currently Java, PHP,
    Perl) to demonstrate some of its advanced client-server communcation. An
    abstract transport layer supports queues, timeouts and implementations via
    XMLHttpRequest, Iframes and Scripts. Like the rest of qooxdoo it fully
    supports event-based programming which greatly simplifies asynchronous
    communication.

XHR.  Right there. :)