[Seaside] Re: Re: Re: Re: Swazoo as reverse proxy?

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 10:36:43 UTC 2008

> >> WAFileLIbrary? I meant static file-system content. I see that as a
> >> feature,
> >> not an optimization.
> >
> > Seaside will be able to do that in 2.9.
>
> That's great to hear. Would navigating that file-system content be:
> - done within a Seaside session (would be good, I believe)

We have all the tools. It is just a matter of adding it. And since so
many people request it we will have to do it ;-)

The idea is to have a special FileLibrary that provides its resources
from a freely configurable file-system path, instead of using its
methods. It will be slow and inefficient (like the FileLibrary already
is), but it will make file serving easy. And, since it only builds on
top of Seaside, it will work with whatever Server you are using Kom,
Listener, Swazoo, FastCGI, ... on whatever Smalltalk platform you
want.

> - optionally embeddable within a Seaside component (iframe-ish)?
> - otherwise free of overhead across fwd/back buttons etc.? (continuations?
> component trees?)

Yes, like the FileLibrary.

> Any guess on weeks/months/years until 2.9 is an option?

ESUG is usually a good time to announce things ... ;-)

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch