[Seaside] Monit on Ubuntu / Debian to monitor Seaside images

Sebastian Sastre ssastre at seaswork.com
Sun Feb 10 17:28:47 UTC 2008

As far as I know for *nix systems process only have PID number as formal
reference so I don't get why do you need a name and identify them by it.

I exposed I make squeak images to create a PID file in /var/run/services
with it's unique *service name* which match the name of the script which
starts/stops the process of that service, just to make them human
manageable. So the OJ7WRE is just the name of the script which starts/stops
that image and the name of the PID file that image creates/deletes when it
starts/shutsdown.

I've made all that just to be able to invoke with a name the process of that
image so monit can watch on its pid file to know if it's alive or other
details of the process.

I plan to create scripts-paths-images automagically but they are manually
created by now.

    cheers,

Sebastian Sastre

  _____