[Seaside] Re: Swazoo as reverse proxy?

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Sun Feb 10 18:25:33 UTC 2008

On 10-Feb-08, at 3:38 AM, Zulq Alam wrote:

> Lukas Renggli wrote:
>
>> The idea is to have a special FileLibrary that provides its resources
>> from a freely configurable file-system path, instead of using its
>> methods. It will be slow and inefficient (like the FileLibrary
>> already
>> is), but it will make file serving easy.
>
> I find myself doing this whenever I have a large script or file:
>
> MyFileLibrary>>scriptJs
>  ^ (StandardFileStream fileNamed: 'script.js')
>    contentsOfEntireFile

Personally, I like to go in the other direction. The point of this is
to be able to work with the library files using tools more suited to
other languages - Javascript, CSS and whatnot, yes?

I've hacked the Squeak FTP server[1] to serve the library methods as
files. It #performs them for a download and recompiles them for an
upload. Most text editors can handle editing remote files over FTP, so
it works nicely.

Colin

[1] http://www.squeaksource.com/FTPServer.html