[Seaside] Swazoo vs. Apache benchmarks

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Sun Feb 10 18:27:13 UTC 2008

Lukas Renggli wrote:
>> In light of our last debate about Swazoo in comparison to Apache and out
>> of curiosity I did some benchmarks of them to clarify our position on
>> the web serving scene. Here are the preliminary results in a table:
>>         http://www.swazoo.org/benchmarks/swazoo-vs-apache.html
> Just out of curiosity. How does Apache compare to Lighty
> (http://www.lighttpd.net/) when serving these files?

Interesting that it works worse that Apache on httperf tool, That is,
Lighty start generating errors at 1100 req/s while Apache at 2000, for
3KB file. For 100KB file errors start at 1500 on both.

While Swazoo never raise an error even on very big load.

Best regards

Janko Mivšek
Smalltalk Web Application Server