[Seaside] Swazoo vs. Apache benchmarks

Carl Gundel carlg at libertybasic.com
Sun Feb 10 20:06:26 UTC 2008

On Feb 10, 2008, at 2:52 PM, merlyn at stonehenge.com (Randal L.
Schwartz) wrote:

> Philippe> To sum up: there a problems for with Smalltalk is not the
> right tool.
> Philippe> Serving static files is such job. We should stop
> pretending that all
> Philippe> our problems are nails.
>
> Serving *lots* of static files, sure.
>
> However, I know many websites that get a dozen hits an hour or less.
> Smalltalk would do just fine for that.

In fact I have not seen any issues worth reporting on the Run BASIC
site serving several users per minute.  A lot depends on the nature of
the application

RB runs on Seaside 2.6 and VW 7.4.1 +Web Toolkit.  Newer versions are
even faster, and I'm eager to port forward.

Carl Gundel
http://www.runbasic.com