[Seaside] Re: Serving static files from an external web server

Yar Hwee Boon hboon at motionobj.com
Wed Feb 13 17:29:33 UTC 2008

I am still wrapping my head around how WAFileLibrary is working in
v2.8. But I would suggest to leave WAFileLibrary as it is in 2.8, but
provide the ability to toggle the behavoir of WAFileLibrary /
#myResourceName to generate url between (a) the current way - served
by Seaside, and (b) another static path.

Resources can continue to be versioned in MC. For smaller deployments
or quick testing purposes, (a) can be used without requiring any
additional set up. (b) can be used to serve the resources via KOM,
Swazoo, httpd, etc. Other than for production/efficiency purposes, a
key advantage of (b) is that during development, changing a JS/CSS
file on disk will instantly reflect upon browser refresh...

Additional interfaces such as FTP/webdav access can simply be built on
top of a static file, via (b).

--
Hwee-Boon