[Seaside] Re: Multiple versions of a image file

Ronaldo Ferraz ronaldoferraz at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 18:34:45 UTC 2008

Lukas,

Thanks for the quick reply. I guess I didn't express myself well when
I used the word "versions". By versions I meant diferent
representations, like thumbnails, for example. Currently, I'm
generation them on-the-fly, but I'd like to keep then on the disk to
make use of Apache static file support.

Sorry about the confusion and thanks again for the reply.

Regards,

Ronaldo

On 2/16/08, Lukas Renggli <renggli at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Anyway, I'm using Magritte to implement an application and I'd like to
> > automatically generate version of an image file as soon as its upload.
> > My first thought has been to change MAFileModel to support that and
> > propagate the support to its subclasses, and change MAFileDescription
> > to support a new attribute called versions or something like that. Is
> > that a good path, or is there is something already that I should use?
>
> It depends if you want to version files also in other situations. If
> this is the only case then it is certainly simpler just to have
> specific accessors in your model:
>
> MyModel>>imageFile: aFileModel
>      imageFileVersions add: aFileModel
>
> MyModel>>imageFile
>      ^ imageFileVersions isEmpty ifFalse: [ imageFileVersions last ]
>
> Lukas
>
> --
> Lukas Renggli
> http://www.lukas-renggli.ch