[Seaside] Concurrency question

Jeffrey Straszheim jstraszheim at comcast.net
Sun Feb 17 20:00:18 UTC 2008

Howdy folks,

I'm currently evaluating Seaside for a project and have a question.  How does it handle concurrent connections?  I understand that the underlying Squeak VM does not use OS threading, and so the system does not take advantage of SMP.  That is OK with me.  However, I'm curious if Seaside will still be able to handle the situation where we get one or more LONG http requests.  Will these cause undo lag to other users trying to connect.

To give some background for my concern, I've been using Rails, which is strictly single threaded, so a long response to a single request can cause other users to be blocked out from that rails instance.  I'm hoping Seaside will not have this problem.

Thanks in advance,

Jeffrey Straszheim