[Seaside] Concurrency question

cdrick cdrick65 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 01:46:20 UTC 2008

> > I'm interested in trying out the "long polling" comet technique
> > (described here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comet_%28programming%29).
> > This basically involves making a background Ajax request to the server,
> > and just *waiting* until an event occurs.

There is a comet package in the official seaside squeaksource repository.
There are some comet applications examples ...

To launch the web server, instead of WAKom (for normal web server)
you'll have to lauch WAListener...Something like:
WAListener startOn: 8888.
Then browse ot localhost:8888...

> > (Note: currently I know *nothing* about Seaside except having read
> > through one of the tutorials.  I want to know if it will meet my needs
> > before I crack down to learn it.)

Do you already have an image ? if no, I suggest you take a squeak web
one made by Damien - Thr last betais here:
http://squeak.ofset.org/squeak-web/beta/sq3.10-7159web08.02.1.zip

I don't remember if comet is loaded, but if no, open monticello, then
the seaside repository and you should find comet.

hth

Cédrick