[Seaside] Re: Re: Re: Ajax delete component only works if#childrenstillreport all previously deleted components?

itsme213 itsme213 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 19 05:03:03 UTC 2008

"Lukas Renggli" <renggli at gmail.com> wrote in message

> For all AJAX callbacks the html-render-canvas from the last full
> refresh is reused. This is conceptually wrong, it should only reuse
> the callback-registry.

That was the first thing that got my attention in Michael Lucas-Smith's
recent post in the "mootools" thread. (btw, I think your perspective on his
points would be quite insightful).

> Anyway, the render-canvas remembers the last component rendered fully

The root component? Leaf? Via canvas render: aComp?

(Please ignore if this is too hard to explain, or if I'm too slow, or if you
are just about to post that sequence diagram from your new book draft :-)
... I've tried the debugger and the fog thinned ever so slightly :-)

> and from then on uses this component

"Uses" it to processCallbackStream? processChildCallbacks? For any callback
on any part of the tree? To start collecting #children?

> We are working on a solution for Seaside 2.9 that makes all these
> things go away.

Looking forward to 2.9! Any idea if it might include back-button for Ajax,
or a javascript decoupled from Prototype/SU framework?

Thank you!

Sophie