[Seaside] seaside testing - fileUpload

Stefan Schmiedl s at xss.de
Wed Feb 20 15:44:01 UTC 2008

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 17:02:48 +0200
"liliana" <liliana at finworks.biz> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Actually, if I need to import comma delimited files with different number of
> columns and need to identify the columns by their titles and read the values
> in the correct object properties, I do need to write tests...

You're right, this is worthy of tests.

But: Those tests should have nothing to do with how the data got on the
server.

Prepare a CSV file and store its contents into a string, which
is what you feed into the parser. Or, if the parser is set up to work
on a stream, feed the parser a readStream on the file.

Don't slow your tests for serious matters down with transport details.

s.