[Seaside] Re: Navigating away from call:'s

Ronaldo Ferraz ronaldoferraz at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 19:49:00 UTC 2008

Hi, Sebastian--

Thanks for the reply. Actually, I'm just trying to understand some
aspects of the call mechanism.

The documentation seems to imply that usually you should avoid
coupling calls.To use a better example, suppose you have a login
component that shows a login form. In the midst of the login process,
the user decides to abort the call, and clicks the home link instead,
which calls the home component. As far as I understand it, the call
will never return and the login component would just sit there until
the session expires and eventually gets garbage collect. Am I right
about this?

It doesn't matter to the way I'm developing but I'm curious about the mechanism.

Thanks again for the reply.

Cheers,

Ronaldo