[Seaside] I need success stories

Jeffrey Straszheim jstraszheim at comcast.net
Fri Feb 22 03:04:50 UTC 2008

Howdy,

I almost have a business partner convinced to give Seaside a try for an
upcoming web project.  However,  although I love the ideas behind the
technology, and I would love to use Smalltalk on a real paying gig, I
have a deep fear that if we get heavy traffic the system wouldn't keep up.

So, does anyone on this list have experience using Seaside in a high
traffic scenario.  I'm talking 200+ hits per second at least.  How did
it handle the load?  What sort of hardware did you choose?  What load
balancing?  What database?

--
Jeffrey Straszheim
http://straszheim.50megs.com