[Seaside] WAKom IP access restriction

cdrick cdrick65 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 13:14:59 UTC 2008

> Hi,
>
>  is there a way to configure KomHttpd to only listen to localhost ? I
>  have set up an apache with mod_proxy to forward all requests to wakom
>  on port 8080. Unfortunately, everyone can access Wakom on port 8080.
>
>  Or do I have to setup a firewall for this?
>
>  Cheers, Michael

They were recently a post on that...  one about binding an interface
like localhost in Kom where It seems Kom is not capable right now...
but in another post about swazoo, avi posted that make Kom listen only
127.0.0.1 IP:

 "
On 2/9/08, Randal L. Schwartz <merlyn at stonehenge.com> wrote:

> Swazoo is fine (I think).  Kom is missing a way to bind only to 127.0.0.1 if
> it is indeed only for a personal installation.  I was going to help fix Kom to
> bind to specific IPs, but now that I know Swazoo does it, I'm abandoning Kom,
> sorry.

This is a one line change to Kom.  Look at #pvtNewListener: .  The
send to #listenOn:backlogSize: can be changed to
#listenOn:backlogSize:interface: .  For example:

pvtNewListener: backlogSize
       "Create a new socket that listens on our port.  The backlog is how
many simultaneous
       connections to accept at the same time"

       | listener |
       listener := self socketClass newTCP.
       self socketsToDestroy add: listener.
       listener listenOn: portNumber backlogSize: backlogSize interface:
#(127 0 0 1) asByteArray.
       ^listener

Avi

"