[Seaside] Different Profiles for development and production

Ramon Leon ramon.leon at allresnet.com
Mon Feb 25 18:19:24 UTC 2008

> I've made squeak to read a simple text file in the image path
> with some configs.
> Is just reading text that when compiled instantiates a
> dictionary with the
> (basic) values I configure from there. So I just clone the
> image and start it there with it's own values.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Sebastian
> PD:  Welcome to the seaside. Refresh your mind !

I kind of do the same thing, I keep all my config data on the file system in
text files and use my own config system rather than Seaside's.  I don't like
keeping config info in the image, it's too much of a hassle.  I keep three
profiles, dev, prod, test, with a file in the root that determines which
profile is used (easily toggled).  Inside the directory for a profile, each
setting is stored in a separate file where the filename is the setting name
and the file contents are the value.

Ramon Leon
http://onsmalltalk.com