[Seaside] Are Collections threadsafe?

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 19:31:59 UTC 2008

2008/2/25, Malte Zacharias <malte.zacharias at nordakademie.de>:

>  Thanks for the prompt answer.
>
>  But in what way are Semaphores broken? Completely or are there certain
> cirumstances that need to be avoided?

Under some circumstances a critical section might not behave like a
critical section.

>  I have to admit, I am quite surprised to hear that. Is the same true for
> seaside-mini.image and/or squeak web-dev image?

Dunno. As I said, I don't know which patch set is supposed to work.

>  Should I have found that information online already without asking the
> list?

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2007-July/118942.html
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2007-July/119093.html

Read the whole threads including follow up posts. In most cases the
initial patch didn't really fix it. AFAIK there were also some other
follow up threads on Delays.

Cheers
Philippe