[Seaside] trimForDeployment

Richard K Eng richard.eng at rogers.com
Tue Feb 26 13:05:26 UTC 2008

When I do the following to my Seaside image, and then try to start the image
on my Linux server, it fails with a segmentation fault...

http://seaside.st/documentation/faq/deployment-and-maintenance?16&_k=BDTUUgsk&_n&_s=kPaTFxTEblRTJMCh

How to exclude applications from the Seaside main dispatcher?

Before deploying for production, it is not a bad idea to remove from the
Seaside dispatcher all those applications that are not strictly needed.
Otherwise, users may accidentally enter the "counter" or the "store" demo
applications.

First of all, you will have to explicitely designate those Seaside
applications that are deployed. This is achieved by re-implementing the
#isDeployed class method in the root component of the deployed applications.
By default, this class method answers false, only the dispatcher editor
("config") and the dispatcher navigator ("browse") answer true.

Then, to remove applications from the Seaside dispatcher, evaluate the
following:

        WADispatcher default trimForDeployment.

This will remove all those applications that answer false to message
#isDeployed.

I don't have time to investigate this, so I'm going to have to live with it.
I just thought you folks should know about it...

Regards,
Richard