[Seaside] Re: MVC Pattern Seaside For Application(s) ?

Sebastian Sastre ssastre at seaswork.com
Tue Feb 26 15:49:21 UTC 2008

> It may be component based but does that mean you cannot use MVC for
> developing each component?
>
> Isn't the SUComponent just a view on some underlying model?
>
> Regards,
> Frank

The thing is that MVC is not the happiest name for this due to architecture differences. But certainly you can conserve the spirit (intention) of the MVC pattern.

I'm using them in a variant of it to program in a Dolphin Smalltalk style: MVP.
There, javascript is not replacing exaclty the View. It sometimes does the View part and others the Presenter part which are programmed in the seaside components.
As architecture you have Model and Component and Component is defining (coupled) the application domain and the View domain.

Cheers,
Sebastian