[Seaside] Re: Are Collections threadsafe?

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Feb 27 07:59:46 UTC 2008

Philippe Marschall wrote:
> 2008/2/27, Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de>:
>> Philippe Marschall wrote:
>>  > http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2007-December/123045.html
>>  > http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2007-December/123508.html
>>  > http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2007-December/123498.html
>>

>> I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here
>
> That we are not uncooperative, don't give out any information and
> simply post "SQUEAK IS TEH SUX"

Right. But how you were you phrasing it?

<quote>
But of course implying there is something wrong with the VM or Image is
considered heresy. If you have such issues, better just fix them
yourself. This is easy because "the source it there" (tm). It was
probably done intentionally so that you could expand your Smalltalk
knowledge.
</quote>

Where in this entire exchange did you get the feeling that at the point
where *actual data* entered the discussion anyone ever told you to "go
fix it yourself"? That is my point after all: If you behave like a pro
you'll be treated like a pro. And if you behave like a whiner the
response will be just as appropriate. That is the open source way.

Cheers,
   - Andreas