[Seaside] No Monticello Configuration Support for Gemstone???

Dale Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemstone.com
Thu Feb 28 23:49:06 UTC 2008

Ron Teitelbaum wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Really love the gemstone version of Monticello, works great, but I just
>found out you are not supporting Monticello Configurations.  I assume that
>is a temporary situation?  When will that be available?  Any chance we can
>have that by tomorrow?  (hint hint)

Ron,

Tomorrow is a little soon :)... I _have_ loaded MonticelloConfigurations
into GemStone --- with the intent of getting them working. I'll need to
scare up tool support (if there's an OmniBrowser-based tool for them,
then it won't be real hard). GemSource doesn't support
MonticelloConfigurations either (what a coincidence!).

I was planning on getting Philippe's version of SqueakSource that runs
on 2.8 (and supports MonticelloConfigurations) running on GemStone in
concert with getting MonticelloConfigurations working ... it is likely
that I'll start that work next week...

Dale