[Seaside] Albatross: How should I access the model?

Matthias Berth matthias.berth at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 29 08:51:44 UTC 2008

Hello,

in the Albatross paper [1] there is a section about "Model access" (p 15):

> There is unlimited access to the
> model available by the test component accessor ATestCase>>testComponent. Depending
> on the test components code, we may access the model with self testComponent model
> or likewise. The model access can be useful for assertions before and after user interactions.

I'd like to do just that, e.g. accessing the Pier kernel after I have
added / removed a page. The method testComponent seems to have
migrated to AComponentWrapper, looking at its senders does not help.
All the example tests seem to deal only with user interactions
(browser click: etc).

So, how do I access the model from inside an Albatross unit test?

Cheers

Matthias

[1] http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~scg/Archive/Projects/Brue06a.pdf