[Seaside] A progress bar for seaside

Ramon Leon ramon.leon at allresnet.com
Fri Feb 29 14:27:43 UTC 2008

> i need a progress bar for keeping the user notified about the
> state of an operation, the best what i've read for that until
> now is this :
>
> http://onsmalltalk.com/programming/smalltalk/polling-for-long-
> running-processes/
>
> but when i tested i get an infinite recursion (i think).
> to test it, install the attached mcz on a test image, add an
> entry point with SULibrary and open a Transcript. i added a
> lot of output to understand what's happening.
> maybe more experienced developers (Ramon Leon?) could fix it
> or tell what's wrong?
>
> (note the callback of the periodical is never evaluated)

That artcle is a bit out of date, download my image and check out the
current version of those methods.  They work a bit differently now but I
still use them heavily and they work great.  I don't use the decay hack
anymore, I just send down some script and stop the polling.  I'm in a hotel
in New Hampshire at the moment so I don't have time to dig into any code,
but I can tell you what's in my image works well.

Ramon Leon
http://onsmalltalk.com