[Seaside] Automating ajax component updates

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 09:35:32 UTC 2008

> A. Where #2 should build up the batch. Seems like a Page object would be
> ideal. Is such a thing accesible (root of the component tree)?

You are talking about announcements, but it doesn't look like you use
the announcements framework.

> B. How #3 can get the appropriate canvases to render upon. Should I do
> something like this:
>  html evaluator callback: [ :s |
>    batchedItems do: [ :changedComponent |
>      s element id: changedComponent id; update: ??? ]]
>
> What should the "???" look like? I don't think I have a canvas to render on
> at this point.

??? can be anything renderable: a string, a component, a block, ...

In case of renderable blocks they might use zero or one argument  (see
BlockContext>>renderOn:) where the argument is the canvas to render
on.

Cheers,
Lukas

--