[Seaside] Page Refresh back to same html element

Rajeev Lochan lochan94 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 17:09:43 UTC 2008

Hi Tom,
>Above the list you have now,
>include the "most recent up-to-three" active items on the list. That
>is, a few of the list items would be duplicated at the top of the
>page, for the user's convenience. This is not unlike a search engine
>returning "most popular results" before the entire list of results.
>Would that work for you?

It wouldnt work for me, as all the items are equally important for me. My
app is going to deal with say Shopping Lists.

>If you do want to scroll down to an item when the page reloads, you'll
>need an internal HTML name at that point. You could name each possible
>point where you might want to scroll to, but it's probably easier just
>to use one label:

>   html anchor name: 'START_HERE'.

>To redirect the browser to that point, your presenter can implement
>the #updateUrl: message; see the Seaside documentation page on "The
>Render Tree". This works for me:

>   updateUrl: url

>      super updateUrl: url.
>      url fragment: 'START_HERE'

I tried this and it works out of the box only with a particular predefined
Anchor. As I mentioned above, mine is going to be Dynamically built list
with a lot of items. Is there anyway to assign unique name to all anchors.
One of the solutions I can think of is

html anchor name: html nextId asString.

Then somehow pass this information to #updateUrl:

If there are other possibilities, please help me.

Thanks & Regards,
Rajeev

On Jan 1, 2008 9:09 PM, Tom Phoenix <rootbeer at redcat.com> wrote:

> On Jan 1, 2008 3:58 AM, Rajeev Lochan <lochan94 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > For example, I have a long list of items and to view the lower items,
> > scrollbar is used. I have some anchors/buttons next to each item. When I
> > click on anchor or button, page refreshes and shows the default view
> (top of
> > the list). Again I have to scroll down to make other changes.
>
> Although this isn't exactly what you're asking for, I'd consider
> displaying the list in a different way. Above the list you have now,
> include the "most recent up-to-three" active items on the list. That
> is, a few of the list items would be duplicated at the top of the
> page, for the user's convenience. This is not unlike a search engine
> returning "most popular results" before the entire list of results.
> Would that work for you?
>
> If you do want to scroll down to an item when the page reloads, you'll
> need an internal HTML name at that point. You could name each possible
> point where you might want to scroll to, but it's probably easier just
> to use one label:
>
>    html anchor name: 'START_HERE'.
>
> To redirect the browser to that point, your presenter can implement
> the #updateUrl: message; see the Seaside documentation page on "The
> Render Tree". This works for me:
>
>    updateUrl: url
>
>        super updateUrl: url.
>        url fragment: 'START_HERE'