[Seaside] FileLibrary / css files confusion

itsme213 itsme213 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 2 04:58:03 UTC 2008

I am using just Squeak + Seaside, no Apache. I have the current Seaside 2.8
from Package Universe.

I want styles in a single place (styles.css file, or a #stylesCss method,
don't care which one). I want changes in that single place to be instantly
reflected in what I see in the browser (just development mode).

What is the simplest possible thing I can do to make this work? Edit
#stylesCss to change the literal text? Edit an external styles.css file?

I find that I make changes to #stylesCss or to the external file styles.css,
and neither one shows up in what the browser sees (checked through FireBug).

Below is exactly what I see at the moment:

Firebug:
li.menuItem {font-size:0.8em;} /* NOTE: this is an OLDER version */

#stylesCss:
^ 'li.menuItem { font-size: small; display: inline;}'

The version sent to the browser is not the current version of either
#stylesCss or styles.css.

This is getting me quite confused and frustrated. Any help, clarification,
etc. appreciated!

Sophie