[Seaside] Re: FileLibrary / css files confusion - diagnosis: trying to change '/seaside/' in URL messes up FileLibrary ??

Amos aaamos at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 09:06:19 UTC 2008

> > I had previously replaced '/seaside/' from my URLs by doing:
> > WADispatcher default setName: self 'myBase'.
> > WADispatcher default defaultName: ''.
>
> Accessors of the form #setSomething: are private by convention, you
> should not call them directly unless you exactly know what you are
> doing.

Really? Interesting, I hadn't heard about that in other flavours of
Smalltalk. Is it a general Squeak convention or a Seaside convention?

Shouldn't #setName: be in the 'private' protocol then, rather than in
'initialization'? That's how I was taught to do it, way back when,
and/or to add a "private" method comment for unsuspecting browsers.
I've encountered other conventions, like #_name:, #privateName: or
#basicName: rather than simply #name:, for various purposes, but not
the #setSomething: one.