[Seaside] Session expiry

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 11:50:56 UTC 2008

> > > Thanks, Lukas, I did see similar questions in the archives, but the
> > > answer only ever seems to be a workaround, not a complete solution (at
> > > least for me). I'll see if I can work out something for myself just to
> > > satisfy my own curiosity - hopefully without breaking the framework
> > > ;-)
> >
> > No, that's a propre solution.
>
> Sorry, I respectfully disagree. And everyone that I've shown Seaside
> to, as much as they immediately liked it, the reaction to the handling
> of expired sessions is always something that brings up a frown. And
> while using JavaScript to spice up websites is great, sites *should*
> work for browsers without it, or with JavaScript disabled.

Sure, this approach gracefully degrades to the default session expiry
behavior of Seaside. The JavaScript approach spices up the experience
so that as long as you keep the window open the session never expires.
If you want something else, such as bookmark-able URLs, you
(additionally) need something else.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli