[Seaside] Re: FileLibrary / css files confusion - diagnosis: trying to change '/seaside/' in URL messes up FileLibrary ??

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Wed Jan 2 17:12:00 UTC 2008

>>>>> "Lukas" == Lukas Renggli <renggli at gmail.com> writes:

>> and totally removed by default.

Lukas> I find it more appropriate to have the /seaside prefix by default. I
Lukas> have many web applications running on my development and deployment
Lukas> machines and this helps a lot to integrate with other applications.
Lukas> Changing it does not make anything easier, it just makes 5 years of
Lukas> Seaside blogs and tutorials obsolete.

Well, I can understand you having a personal preference to always have
/seaside in the URL, but it appears that it would be courteous to support the
requests of some of your customer base (me included) to be able to set
it to anything else we choose as well, empty if needed.

As a specific data point, I have a legacy application that requires a
particular URL, but has low enough traffic that I don't want the added
complexity of an Apache front proxy.  This is the perfect case for me to set
the /seaside prefix to the legacy app's prefix (in this case, empty), and use
it as is.  I was planning on using setName: for that, because it wasn't in the
'private' category, and it works. :)