[Seaside] Re: Session expiry

itsme213 itsme213 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 3 02:12:53 UTC 2008

"Lukas Renggli" <renggli at gmail.com> wrote in message
> For example to ensure the persistency of a session as long as the user
> keeps its window open can be done by adding some Scriptaculous code to
> your page:
>
> html request
>     every: (sessionExperyTime - 5 seconds);
>     callback: []

Would #periodical be equivalent? Can this go into <head> with #updateRoot
and WAHtmlRoot#addScript:aString?

Or does this go into <body> and need to be wrapped like:
 html paragraph
  class: 'hidden';
  script: (html periodical
    frequency: 10 seconds ; "just put 10 for testing"
    callback: []);
  with: ''.

Also, would this be put into #renderContentOn: of a Page-level object? I
feel I need a MyPage which always wraps every page, simply holding onto a
single top-level component, and I would like to know if there is a simpler
way:

MyPage >>
My instances represent page-level objects. They can provide a place for page
level stuff like:
- batched list of dirty components waiting to be Ajax-redrawn
- page-level insertion e.g. keep-alive callback
To use a component as top-level page do:
Component class>> new
 ^ MyPage with: self new

Thanks - Sophie