[Seaside] ProtoCorner (Rounded Corner) in Seaside ?

Rajeev Lochan lochan94 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 00:05:25 UTC 2008

I came across ProtoCorner, a Prototype/Scriptaculous extension to have
Rounded Corners from

The source code is on http://nurey.com/corners.html

This is what I have done to port this feature.

1) Replace ' with ' '   (single quotes to 2 single quotes)
2) Pasted the code in SULibrary>>effectsJs
3) Added  methods

    "Round Corner"
    self create; method: 'Corner'

SUEffect>>cornerEffect: anEffect
    "Effect can be round or bevel"

    self optionAt: 'effect' put: anEffect

SUEffect>>corners: numberOfCorners
    " The corners can be one or more of top, bottom, tr, tl, br, or bl. By
default, all four corners are adorned."

    self optionAt: 'corners' put: numberOfCorners

SUEffect>>width: anInteger
    "The width specifies the width of the effect; in the case of rounded
corners this will be the radius of the width. Specify this value using the
px suffix such as 10px, and yes it must be pixels"

    self optionAt: 'width' put: anInteger

So far so good, now I am not able to use it in #renderContentOn: . Till now,
I have used effect only for any mouse events. Any pointers would be

MyRootComponent>>renderContentOn: html
html div id: 'box'; style: 'border:1px #000 solid' with: [html paragraph:
'This box has Round Corners']

Now, where do we put   effect corner such that

new Effect.Corner(element, "effect corners width")

is triggered.

Thanks & Regards,

Rajeev Lochan

Co-founder, AR-CAD.com